Holy Trinity Safe Environment Policy
Thank you for volunteering at Holy Trinity School!
The Diocese of Pittsburgh and the State of Pennsylvania require each volunteer to meet certain guidelines to assure that we are providing a safe environment for the children. The following records MUST be on file in the office before any volunteer can be eligible to volunteer.
Completed Database Application
Database applications can be completed online at www.diopitt.org. Select the Safe Environment link at the very top center of the main page of the website.
Scroll to the middle of the page and select the link Login to the Safe Environment Database.
Where it says First time users are asked to click here – please do so and create a username & password.
Fill out the new user registration and select Holy Trinity School for the Primary site.
If you are asked for an Access Code type in the word protect.
Completely fill out the application, read and electronically sign the "Acknowledgement of Receipt" page from the diocesan Code of Pastoral Conduct and Reporting of Child Abuse and The Child Protective Services Law of Pennsylvania. Make sure to Submit the application when done.
State Police Clearance – (ACT 34) – (Renewal required every 5 years)
A State Police Clearance will be automatically be run as soon as you submit your online Diocesan application. You will not need to do anything for this clearance.
Child Abuse History Clearance –(ACT 151) – (Renewal required every 5 years)
This clearance can be done one of two ways:
- If you do not have internet you can obtain paper forms from Karen Vinci-Stack, Safe Environment Coordinator by calling 412-787-2140 X102.
- If you have internet you can go online to www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis. Please call Karen VinciStack, Safe Environment Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a free payment passcode. After obtaining the free payment passcode go to the above listed website and click on Create an Individual Account and follow the online instructions. Once the application is completed you will have to print out the certificate. Return the certificate to the school office.
Protecting God's Children Workshop
This clearance can be done one of two ways:
- You can attend a workshop. A complete listing of the workshops are available at www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list2.cfm?theOrgID=15497&theme=0
- You can take the workshop online. Visit the following link www.virtusonline.org/virtus/index.cfm - This link will take you to the Virtus online page.
- Click First Time Registrant
- Click Begin the Registration process
- Click on drop down box and choose Pittsburgh PA (Diocese)
- Create a User ID and Password – click Continue
- Complete the page and click Continue
- Click on drop box and choose the school and click Continue
- Click No (only one location is needed)
- Click on the correct role and brief title then click
- Answer questions and click Continue
- Be certain to click on NO for the question "Have you already attended a Protecting God's Children Session"
- Scroll to the bottom of page and choose the on-line course and click on "Complete Registration"
- Click on "Go to Virtus Online" to begin the course. You will be taken back to the login page. Enter the username and password that you created.
- Click on Protecting God's Children Online Awareness Session 3.0 to begin.
- Click on "Click Here to Start"
- When you have completed the course – print out the certificate and return it to the school office.
Fingerprint/Waiver – (ACT 153) – (Renewal required every 5 years)
If you have lived in the State of Pennsylvania for 10 consecutive years. Please ask for the form at the school office or call Karen Vinci-Stack at 412-787-2140 X102 to have one emailed to you.
If you have NOT live in the State of Pennsylvania for 10 consecutive years you will need to have your fingerprints taken. Visit uenroll.identogo.com or register by telephone at 1.844.321.2101 Monday through Friday 8AM to 6PM. Use the service code: 1KG6Y3 (Department of Education). This code is for all Catholic School Volunteers.
Mandated Reporter Training
In accordance with PA law, revised and effective November 1, 2015, the Diocese of Pittsburgh Safe Environment Policy requires any and all school volunteers to complete the online Mandated and Permissive Training Course within 90 days of filing their online Diocesan database application.
This clearance can be done in one of two ways:
- If you do NOT have internet you can take a course offered by the Diocese. The link to sign-up for attending a class is www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0549a9ac2ca6f49-mandated. Sign-up is first come, first serve 50 spaces in each session.
- If you have internet visit the following link to complete the online class. hwww.reportabusepa.pitt.edu/webapps/portal/execute/tabs/tabAction?tab_tab_group_id=_2_1. Thank you so much for doing your part in providing a safe environment for our children and recognizing the importance of the Diocesan Safe Environment Policy.
If you have any questions call Karen Vinci-Stack, Safe Environment Coordinator at 412-787-2140 X102 or email at email@example.com.